Visit our Admissions Department
To get your foot in the door, it’s necessary to stop first at our admissions department. This is where you will learn all there is to know about Long Island Beauty School and what it can do for you. It’s also where you can sign up for classes so that in less than a year’s time, you’ll have the skills necessary to compete in the beauty industry. Your journey to success begins with admissions, whether you plan on becoming a product rep, salon owner, stylist or distributor. First off, you need to do some thinking.
The Next Step
Before signing up for classes, it’s important that you give a lot of thought to what you want to do with your license. Consider a few questions while you explore your options:
- What kind of stylist do you wish to be?
- Do you want to work for someone or own your own beauty salon?
- Do you want to work behind the scenes with runway models in the fashion industry?
- Do you like to be grounded in your community operating a salon or do you prefer to freelance as a stylist all over the world?
- Do you have an innovative idea for a revolutionary new hair care product?
Long Island beauty School takes great pride in the intensive courses we offer, which will prepare you for a life as a licensed hair stylist. On your job search later, you’ll get peace of mind knowing you’re backed by a solid skill set. Here is a sampling of what you’ll learn with our basic curriculum:
- Hair analysis
- Hair cutting and coloring
- Perming and straightening
- Skin care
- Basic chemistry
- Salon management
Other skills you’ll master in our hands-on learning environment include: Creativity
- Suggest hair and makeup looks for your clients
- Match creative styles with your clients’ personalities
- Manage competing schedules
- Market hair design services
- Decide which products are best for your clients’ hair type and lifestyle
- Build your client base regardless of where you’re located
- Learn your clients’ goals
- Help your clients make hair styling decisions based on color, texture, and hair health
Improve physical stamina
- Be on the go for several hours at a time
- Lift and hold styling tools for long periods of time
Customer service skills
- Foster positive interactions with a variety of clients
- Handle client complaints with ease
As you can see, there’s much more to becoming a great hair stylist than just obtaining the technical skills. Here at Long Island Beauty School, we want our graduates to become well-rounded professionals able to handle anything that comes their way. Give us a call today to get started with admissions.